Marlins claim Moore off waivers from Guardians
The Miami Marlins claimed left-hander Matt Moore off waivers from the Cleveland Guardians.
Moore posted a 3.86 ERA in five appearances for the Guardians after he was claimed off waivers from the Los Angeles Angels on Aug. 31.
The 34-year-old won't be eligible to pitch in the postseason. The Marlins entered play Tuesday a half-game back of the final National League wild-card spot.
Moore joined the Angels on a one-year contract this past offseason. He registered a 2.77 ERA with 57 strikeouts across 48 2/3 innings before he was placed on waivers.
Moore will provide Marlins manager Skip Schumaker with another left-hander in the bullpen to complement the likes of closer Tanner Scott, Andrew Nardi, A.J. Puk, and Steven Okert.
- Rangers, Astros clinch playoff berths as Mariners eliminated
- Blue Jays secure playoff spot for 3rd time in 4 years
- Raleigh calls out Mariners' front office after elimination
- D-Backs land 1st playoff berth since 2017, eliminate Reds
- Prodigy realized: All that's left for Bryce Harper is to win a World Series