Marlins star Chisholm will play for Great Britain at 2023 WBC
An incredible week for baseball in Great Britain continues.
It'll mark Chisholm's second appearance for Great Britain after he participated in the qualifiers for the 2017 tournament.
The 24-year-old is eligible to play for Great Britain as a native of the Bahamas, a former British colony.
Great Britain punched its ticket to the World Baseball Classic for the first time after a 10-9 comeback victory over Spain on Tuesday.
Chisholm is currently on the injured list for the Marlins as he recovers from back and knee injuries but is expected to make a full recovery for next season. The All-Star finishes the 2022 campaign with an .860 OPS, 14 home runs, and 45 RBIs in 60 games.
- Mariners, Rangers, Astros in play for AL West title entering final weekend
- Giants fire manager Kapler after 4 seasons
- Rodón allows record-tying 8 runs without recording out in final start
- Do Cole and Snell have the Cy Youngs locked up? Here are some alternatives
- Prodigy realized: All that's left for Bryce Harper is to win a World Series