Sports world reacts to 2022 Baseball Hall of Fame vote
The Baseball Hall of Fame named David Ortiz as the lone member who will hear his name called in Cooperstown this summer.
Alex Cora, the manager of the Red Sox and a teammate of Ortiz from 2005-08, offered a fond message.
Red Sox broadcaster and Hall of Fame reliever Dennis Eckersley showed some love for Big Papi.
A longtime adversary in the heated Red Sox-Yankees rivalry also shared his thoughts.
The most vocal reactions filtered in about the voters' decision to exclude Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens in their final year of eligibility.
- Yankees' Donaldson suspended 1 game for inappropriate comments to Anderson
- Anderson carries perfect game into 6th as Dodgers cruise to win over Nats
- Counsell: Peralta 'to miss a significant amount of time' with shoulder injury
- Ortiz: Red Sox 'would be stupid' to let Bogaerts go
- Goldschmidt's slam in 10th lifts Cardinals over Blue Jays