Barcelona confirm agreement to sign Kounde from Sevilla
Barcelona announced Thursday that they reached an agreement in principle with Sevilla before the French center-back underwent his medical Friday ahead of the official signing of his five-year contract on Monday.
Barca will pay Sevilla €50 million plus add-ons, according to The Guardian's Fabrizio Romano. His buyout clause is set at €1 billion.
He was initially linked with a blockbuster transfer to Chelsea before Barcelona swooped in with a bid to keep the 23-year-old in Spain. Barcelona also beat Chelsea for the right to sign Brazilian winger Raphinha from Leeds United earlier this summer.
Kounde, who joined Sevilla from Bordeaux in 2019, made 32 league appearances for the La Liga outfit last season.
- Messi snubbed as 30 finalists are unveiled for Ballon d'Or
- Benzema, Courtois, De Bruyne shortlisted for UEFA's best player award
- Real Madrid collect more silverware with Super Cup win over Frankfurt
- Seeds confirmed for 2022-23 Champions League group stage draw
- Barcelona finally register some new signings after selling more assets