Osaka tops Forbes' list of highest-earning female athletes for 2021
Naomi Osaka claimed the top spot on Forbes' annual list of the highest-paid female athletes in the world.
The 24-year-old tennis star led all female athletes with an estimated $57.3 million in earnings in 2021, the majority of which came from endorsements.
The No. 2 spot went to Serena Williams, who took home an estimated $45.9 million in total earnings. Rounding out the top five were Venus Williams at $11.3 million, Simone Biles at $10.1 million, and Garbine Muguruza at $8.8 million.
The top 10 women on the list had combined pretax earnings of $167 million last year, a 23% increase from 2020.
Here's the complete list:
|6.||Jin Young Ko||Golf||$7.5M|
- Australian Open overnight: Day 6 proves fruitful for No. 2 seeds
- Sabalenka rebounds from tough start, advances to 4th round
- Halep into Week 2 at Australian Open for 5th straight year
- Birthday gift for Cornet is a spot in 4th round in Australia
- Australian Open overnight: Osaka falls, Nadal rolls on Day 5