Former Louisville star Van Lith commits to defending champion LSU
Former Louisville star Hailey Van Lith is transferring to LSU after three seasons, she announced Thursday on Instagram.
Van Lith broke out in her junior year, averaging 19.7 points, 4.5 rebounds, and 3.2 assists for the Cardinals. She led them to the Elite 8, where they were defeated by eventual finalist Iowa.
A 5-foot-7 guard, Van Lith joins forces with star forward Angel Reese, who averaged 23 points last season for the Tigers. Reese was named the Most Outstanding Player in the NCAA Tournament.
LSU lost starters Alexis Morris, LaDazhia Williams, and Jasmine Carson following its championship run.
Head coach Kim Mulkey brings Van Lith into the fold ahead of Mulkey's third season with the Tigers. Mulkey's squad has compiled a 60-8 record over her first two campaigns following over two decades of success at Baylor.
- Iowa star Caitlin Clark wins Sullivan Award as nation's top collegiate athlete
- Basketball HOF induction roundup: Speeches from 2023 class
- UConn star Bueckers cleared to play after missing previous season due to ACL tear
- NCAA holds 'groundbreaking' 1st girls basketball academy
- UConn's El Alfy to miss freshman season with ruptured Achilles tendon