Rahm tests positive, forced to withdraw from Memorial with 6-shot lead
The Spaniard fired a blistering 8-under 64 during his third round that consisted of nine birdies, but he was informed of his positive test immediately after walking off the 18th green.
The PGA TOUR notified Rahm on Monday evening that he was subject to contact-tracing protocols after being in close contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19. He tested negative every day until Saturday, when Rahm's most recent test - which was taken in the morning after Round 2 concluded - came back positive during his third round.
Rahm will need to remain in isolation through Tuesday, June 15, the week of the U.S. Open.
Here's the top of the leaderboard following Rahm's withdrawal:
|Place||Player||To Par||Round 3 score|
|T6||Si Woo Kim||-5||68|
- Austrian-born, American-raised Straka leads Olympic golf
- PGA TOUR won't allow members to compete in Saudi International
- South Koreans can avoid mandatory military service with Olympic medal
- Rahm still doesn't know why he's watching Olympics from home
- Olympic golf betting preview: Red-hot Morikawa favored to win gold