Islanders' Tavares will not require surgery, out 8-12 weeks
New York Islanders forward John Tavares spoke to the media upon his return to Long Island on Tuesday, and offered the following update on the status of his injured knee.
This news ensures the 23-year-old will be ready to go for the start of the 2014-15 NHL season.
- Islanders strike twice in 22 seconds to hand Flyers 10th straight loss
- Hellebuyck calls for rule change: Refs 'put me in danger' vs. Stars
- Lindy Ruff gets 800th win as Devils beat Capitals
- Georgiev's 41-save performance lifts Avalanche past Stars
- Burakovsky scores twice as Kraken get 1st-ever win over Golden Knights