Severson expected to miss 6 weeks with oblique injury
Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Damon Severson is expected to miss six weeks with an oblique injury sustained in Sunday's loss to the Philadelphia Flyers, the team announced.
The Blue Jackets acquired Severson from the New Jersey Devils in June. He's in the first season of an eight-year, $50-million contract.
Severson's registered eight points in 19 games in his debut season with Columbus while averaging over 20 minutes per contest.
The Blue Jackets are off to a 4-11-4 start and are winless in their past nine games.
- Puljujarvi joins Penguins on professional tryout
- Larkin exits after scary scene vs. Sens, Perron ejected for retaliation
- How the Broad Street Bullies saved the NHL's reputation in 1976
- Samsonov records 1st shutout of season as Leafs prevail over Preds
- Underrated, undersized Spurgeon is improbably one of NHL's best D-men