Devils' Hughes dislocated shoulder, doesn't require surgery
Hughes will be re-evaluated next week to determine a more definitive timeline for his return. The Devils placed the 20-year-old on injured reserve.
The injury occurred during the first period when Kraken defenseman Jeremy Lauzon hit Hughes along the boards in the corner. Hughes landed hard and immediately left the ice.
Hughes, the first overall pick in 2019, has notched three points in two games this season.
- Suzuki reacts to Habs jersey tossed on ice: I can see why fans are angry
- Hart Trophy Power Rankings: McDavid reigns despite Draisaitl's surge
- 'When you go up, don't come back': How the Red Wings are building from within
- Coyotes deny rumor of sale, relocation to Houston
- Swayman makes 42 saves as Bruins shut out Predators