Avalanche's Landeskog suspended 2 games for boarding Blackhawks' Dach
The questionable contact occurred late in the third period of Colorado's 4-2 victory Wednesday.
Landeskog received a double minor on the play. Dach was able to stay in the game.
Prior to this incident, Landeskog had been suspended three times in his career. He will forfeit $70,000 in salary.
The 28-year-old re-upped in Colorado this offseason, inking an eight-year, $56-million deal. He will miss Saturday's clash against the St. Louis Blues and a matchup against the Washington Capitals on Oct. 19.
- What's driving the decline in NBA and NHL attendance?
- Sharks' Wilson taking temporary medical leave
- Armstrong: Canada's goalie situation less concrete than competitors'
- Jarry stays hot with 3rd shutout in last 5 games as Pens blank Isles
- Vasilevskiy records 200th career win in style with 17-save shutout