Predators ink Ekholm to 4-year, $25M extension
Ekholm was set to become a free agent at the conclusion of the season. The Predators were reportedly shopping him for the majority of last season but a deal never came to fruition. Instead, they shipped veteran blue-liner Ryan Ellis to the Philadelphia Flyers over the summer.
Last season, Ekholm ranked third on the team in time ice (22:52), fourth in shots on goal (110), and fifth in blocked shots (46). He had six goals and 17 assists in 48 contests.
The 31-year-old has spent his entire career with the Predators since making his NHL debut in 2011. He's collected 51 goals and 168 assists in 586 games.
- Report: Eichel's camp set to present final case for disc replacement
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- Report: Price, Binnington among 6 goalies on Team Canada's list for Olympics
- NHL weekend preview: Maple Leafs to best undermanned Penguins
- Hurricanes create website to keep roasting Canadiens