Kraken name Giordano 1st-ever captain
Seattle selected Giordano from the Calgary Flames in July's expansion draft. The 38-year-old wore the "C" for the Flames over the last eight seasons.
Giordano is by far the oldest and most experienced member of the Kraken. Forwards Jordan Eberle and Marcus Johansson, both 31, are the next-oldest players. Giordano leads Seattle with 15 NHL seasons under his belt.
The aforementioned duo is tied for second-most on the club with 11 seasons apiece.
Giordano is entering the final campaign of a six-year contract he signed with the Flames in August 2015. The pending unrestricted free agent's pact carries a $6.75-million cap hit, according to CapFriendly.
The Toronto-born blue-liner spent all 15 of his previous seasons with Flames. He ranks second on Calgary's all-time list with 949 games played, fifth with 366 assists, and eighth with 509 points.
- What's driving the decline in NBA and NHL attendance?
- Sharks' Wilson taking temporary medical leave
- Armstrong: Canada's goalie situation less concrete than competitors'
- Jarry stays hot with 3rd shutout in last 5 games as Pens blank Isles
- Vasilevskiy records 200th career win in style with 17-save shutout