49ers Trent Williams questionable for NFC Championship
Williams was temporarily sidelined after spraining his ankle against the Green Bay Packers last weekend but taped the injury and returned to finish the contest.
"He came out for a walkthrough today, and Trent's adamant that he's going, and he was last time too," Shanahan said.
Williams suffered an elbow injury earlier in the season that caused him to miss the 49ers' Week 18 matchup against the Rams.
"I believe Trent when he says he's going to do everything that he can to play, and so I'll be surprised if he doesn't, but I was surprised last time," said Shanahan.
"I was also surprised he was able to finish the game versus Green Bay, so hopefully, his mindset will be how his body reacts on Sunday, and we know it will help us a lot, but if not, we'll deal with it."
The run-blocker earned an All-Pro nod this season. Despite missing practice Wednesday and Thursday, Williams will hope to assist the 49ers en route to the Super Bowl.
- Lawsuit filed against Texans alleges team enabled Watson's actions
- Can Congress actually do anything to Dan Snyder?
- Report: Adrian Peterson-Le'Veon Bell boxing match in the works
- Allen still bothered by losing coin toss in OT playoff loss to Chiefs
- Giants' Thibodeaux 'fully healthy' after dealing with minor hip injury