Garoppolo has shoulder sprain, expected to practice Tuesday
Shanahan expects Garoppolo to practice this week before San Francisco visits the Green Bay Packers in the divisional round Saturday.
Garoppolo suffered the injury in the second quarter versus Dallas. The 30-year-old, who didn't miss any offensive snaps in the game, finished the contest with 172 yards and no touchdowns against one interception on 16-of-25 passing.
He missed two games during the regular season due to calf and thumb injuries. Rookie Trey Lance, the third overall pick in the 2021 draft, replaced him in those contests, going 1-1 as a starter.
Shanahan also said there's a good chance star linebacker Fred Warner will be available to face the Packers. Warner couldn't finish the game against the Cowboys due to a low ankle sprain.
- Report: Kaepernick working out for Raiders
- NFL loses bid to scuttle Gruden lawsuit over leaked emails
- Harbaugh: Lamar can 'speak for himself' about missing OTAs
- Cardinals GM: I think Kyler extension will get 'done this summer'
- NFL updates IR rules, players required to miss at least 4 games before return