Former UCLA forward Jalen Hill dies at 22
Former UCLA forward Jalen Hill has died at 22 years old, the school announced Wednesday.
Hill's family said it recently learned of his passing after he had gone missing in Costa Rica, according to ESPN.
"We know Jalen has played a part in the lives of so many people," his family wrote in an Instagram post. "We also acknowledge the role that so many of you have played in his. As we try to navigate this devastating time in our lives, we ask that you please give us time to grieve."
Bruins head coach Mick Cronin said Hill's death was "heartbreaking."
"Jalen was a warmhearted young man with a great smile who has left us far too soon."
Hill was a member of the Bruins from 2018-21. He averaged 6.5 points and 6.4 rebounds across 77 career games before leaving the program in February of his junior season.
- Big 12 commish touts 'plan' after exploring expansion options
- Edey withdraws from NBA draft, will return to Purdue
- G League Ignite signs 2023 top prospects Holland, Buzelis
- Ex-UNC guard Love transfers to Arizona after decommitting from Michigan
- North Carolina 5-star commit Elliot Cadeau joining 2023 class