Top-10 recruit Xavier Booker commits to Michigan State
Booker is the Spartans' highest-ranked recruit since Jaren Jackson in 2017, according to Joe Tipton of On3 Recruits.
"For a while, I had a feeling of where I wanted to go," Booker told Biancardi. "I trust coach (Tom) Izzo and the staff."
Booker chose Michigan State over a number of high-profile schools, including Gonzaga, Michigan, Ohio State, and Auburn.
The 6-foot-10 forward joins four-star recruit Jeremy Fears in the Spartans' 2023 recruiting class. The school is also in the mix for shooting guard Braelon Green, who ranks 34th overall on the ESPN 100 for next year.
Booker has the skill set of a modern big man as he can finish above the rim, handle the rock, and shoot from beyond the arc.
- Michigan State signs Izzo to new deal worth $6.2M annually
- Calipari calls Kentucky a 'basketball school,' riling Stoops
- Report: Big Ten finalizing deal with Fox Sports, CBS, NBC
- Senators Tuberville, Manchin working on bill to tackle NIL
- Kentucky, Gonzaga agree to home-and-home series over next 2 seasons