Wizards re-sign veteran Taj Gibson
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Washington Wizards have re-signed veteran Taj Gibson.
The Wizards announced the move Friday. The 6-foot-9 Gibson averaged 3.4 points and 1.9 rebounds in 49 appearances last season. He's shot at least 50% from the field each of the past nine seasons.
Gibson has played in 945 games with Chicago, Oklahoma City, Minnesota, New York and Washington, averaging 8.7 points and 5.9 rebounds.
“Taj has earned his reputation as a consummate professional and loyal teammate,” Wizards general manager Will Dawkins said. “We look forward to him adding to the competitive atmosphere when we begin training camp next month.”
AP NBA: https://apnews.com/hub/NBA
- Draymond expects to miss 4-6 weeks with ankle sprain
- Kai Jones to miss Hornets camp, will be away from team indefinitely
- Report: Clippers sign Primo after NBA issues 4-game ban for detrimental conduct
- 5 potential landing spots for Jrue Holiday after Lillard trade
- Hardaway 'didn't know' if he'd still be on Mavs after last season's meltdown