Report: Hawks weighing Collins trade scenarios, including swap for Kings' Barnes
The Atlanta Hawks are weighing a variety of trade scenarios involving forward John Collins, including a swap with the Sacramento Kings headlined by Harrison Barnes, sources told NBA insider Marc Stein.
Atlanta inked Collins to a five-year, $125-million contract less than a year ago but the Wake Forest product reportedly grew frustrated with his role on the team as the 2021-22 campaign progressed.
The Hawks selected Collins 19th overall in 2017. He averaged 16.2 points and 7.8 boards while shooting 36.4% from downtown over 54 appearances last season.
Meanwhile, Barnes is entering the final season of a four-year, $85-million contract. The 30-year-old registered 16.4 points per contest and made 39.4% of his 3-point attempts during the 2021-22 campaign.
- Hornets hire Clifford for 2nd stint as head coach
- The 5 most interesting storylines from the NBA's 2022 draft
- Magic select Paolo Banchero with No. 1 pick in NBA draft
- Report: Duren, Kemba heading to Pistons in 3-way deal with Knicks, Hornets
- Undrafted Free-Agent Tracker: Follow signings after 2022 NBA Draft