Magic's Suggs expected to return Friday after 20-game absence
The fifth overall pick in last year's draft has missed the Magic's last 20 games with a fractured thumb after starting each of his first 21 contests to begin his NBA career.
"He's used the time, obviously, sitting with the coaches, studying film, understanding things on the sideline," said head coach Jamahl Mosley, per team reporter Dan Savage. "You'll see him sometimes get up and throw suggestions and things that he sees. I think that's fantastic."
A former star at Gonzaga, Suggs struggled with inefficiency while on the floor earlier this season, shooting just 34% from the field and 25.5% from 3-point range. The guard also averaged 3.2 turnovers compared to just 3.6 assists.
Fellow rookie Franz Wagner has filled much of the void for Orlando, averaging 18.6 points and 5.1 rebounds per game since Suggs went down.
- Report: Simmons plans to sit all season if not traded by deadline
- Report: Celtics looking to trade Horford while pursuing other centers
- Report: Kings plan to build around Fox, Haliburton
- Can the disappointing Hawks turn it around?
- NBA Defensive Player of the Year rankings: Gobert facing stiff competition