Pelicans' Hayes facing charges of domestic violence, battery against police officer
Hayes is charged with three counts of inflicting corporal injury to a spouse, three counts of vandalism, two counts of domestic battery, one count of battery against an officer, one count of false imprisonment, one count of aggravated trespassing, and one count of resisting arrest.
According to the Los Angeles Police Department, Hayes attempted to stop police from entering the home of his then-girlfriend after officers arrived to respond to a call.
In body camera video released by the LAPD in August, two officers attempt to place Hayes' hands behind his back when Hayes and one officer crash into a wall behind them. Hayes is then taken down before one officer deploys a Taser on Hayes. The LAPD's Force Investigation Division looked into the case as well.
Hayes was drafted eighth overall by the Atlanta Hawks in 2019 before his draft rights were traded to New Orleans. He's appeared in 158 games for the franchise, including 34 this season.
- Celtics blow out Heat, even up East finals at 2 games apiece
- Nuggets president Connelly joining T-Wolves on reported 5-year, $40M deal
- Robert Williams returns to lineup, Smart misses Game 4
- Luka commends Wiggins on nasty dunk: 'I wish I had those bunnies'
- Heat at Celtics betting preview: Can Miami score another upset in Game 4?