Herro: My name should be in same category as Luka, Trae
Still, the Kentucky product believes he belongs in the same conversation as some of the NBA's elite rising talents.
"The young guys coming up in the league who can be All-Stars, superstars one day - Luka (Doncic), Trae (Young), Ja (Morant) - ... my name should be in that category too," Herro told Jeremy Tache of Bally Sports Sun. "I put the work in, and I'm just continuing to get better every single day."
Herro was a key cog in Miami's run to the Finals in 2020, registering 16 points, 5.1 boards, and 3.7 assists per contest over 21 playoff appearances. The 2019 lottery pick surpassed Magic Johnson as the youngest player to start in an NBA Finals game and broke the league's rookie record for triples in a single postseason.
Herro's 20.8 points per game in 2021-22 preseason play ranks fourth in the Association.
- LeBron still shuns load management: I 'feel worse when I play low minutes'
- Sexton, Bridges headline players without rookie contract extensions
- Silver: 'I'm still hopeful Kyrie will get vaccinated'
- Hawks sign Huerter to 4-year, $65M contract extension
- Silver: NBA still mulling in-season tourney but needs players to buy in