Warriors owner Lacob fined $50K for Simmons comments
"In some ways, it doesn't really fit what we're doing. He makes a lot of money," said Lacob. "And, can he finish games? I don't know."
He also compared Simmons' play style to current Warriors forward Draymond Green, calling their games "very similar."
In an attempt to duck the league's anti-tampering rules, Lacob only referred to Simmons as the "Defensive Player of the Year candidate in Philadelphia."
- NBA unveils Part 1 of its 75th Anniversary Team countdown
- Simmons suspended 1 game after removal from practice, reportedly fined $1.4M
- Pistons' Cunningham to miss opener vs. Bulls with ankle sprain
- Bagley's agent rips Kings, says they removed client from rotation
- Suns GM: Team never had 'real negotiations' with Ayton