Report: Kenneth Faried to work out for Lakers
Faried last played in the NBA for the Houston Rockets in 2018-19, averaging 12.9 points and 8.2 boards over 25 appearances. He then had a brief stint with the Zhejiang Lions the following season.
The 31-year-old was part of the Portland Trail Blazers' summer league squad last month. He registered 5.7 points, 8.3 rebounds, and 1.3 blocks per contest over three games in Las Vegas.
The Denver Nuggets drafted Faried 22nd overall a decade ago. The 6-foot-8 big man has been a dependable rebounder throughout his collegiate and professional career.
Faried broke Tim Duncan's modern-era Division I record for total boards during his senior year at Morehead State and finished in the NBA's top 20 in rebounds on two occasions.
Los Angeles tied for 16th in rebounds per game last season.
- Report: Booker to miss start of Suns camp due to health and safety protocols
- Kareem: NBA should mandate vaccine for all players, staff
- Report: Simmons shuts down 76ers teammates' trip to visit him
- Wizards' Hachimura excused from start of camp for personal reasons
- Clippers president: 'No one knows' when Kawhi will return from injury