Report: Nets' Dinwiddie aiming to return for Finals
Dinwiddie, 28, has missed over six months since suffering a partially torn ACL on Dec. 27. Brooklyn needs to eliminate the Milwaukee Bucks and either the Philadelphia 76ers or the Atlanta Hawks to advance to The Finals.
It's unclear how big of a role Dinwiddie would fill for the star-studded Nets. He began the season in a starting role, but that was before Brooklyn acquired superstar James Harden. Dinwiddie could compete for minutes with Landry Shamet, Tyler Johnson, and Mike James off the bench.
The 6-foot-5 Dinwiddie averaged 6.7 points, 4.3 rebounds, and three assists this campaign. He can become a free agent this offseason if he declines his $12.3-million option.
The Finals are scheduled to begin July 8.
- Report: Grizzlies to trade Valanciunas to Pelicans for package, No. 10 pick
- Report: Pistons considering Cunningham, Green, Mobley for No. 1 pick
- Top 10 trade candidates this offseason
- Team USA is vulnerable in Tokyo. Can Australia mount a worthy challenge?
- Report: Raptors to name ex-Suns head coach Watson as assistant