Durant: Jay Williams’ story about Giannis comparison is a ‘f----- lie’
Warning: Story contains coarse language
Kevin Durant took to social media to clear the air about a supposedly fictional story told by Jay Williams in which the TV personality claimed Durant took offense after being compared to Milwaukee Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo.
"A couple of years ago, we were at a holiday party, and I came on this show and did a segment with you," Williams said during an appearance on ESPN's "Get Up" Tuesday morning. "We had Anthony Davis and we had Kevin Durant. I said, 'You know what? If Anthony Davis and KD were to have a baby, the similarities, physicality wise, would be like Giannis.' I go to the holiday party, Kevin Durant comes up to me and says, ‘Yo, don’t you ever compare me to Giannis.'"
Durant vehemently denied the accuracy of Williams' story, calling it a "fuckin lie" in a comment on Instagram.
The Brooklyn Nets forward retweeted the above post, then claimed Williams was trying to advance his career by sharing a fictitious story in a follow-up tweet.
Durant and the Nets will look to take a commanding 3-0 series lead over Antetokounmpo's Bucks with a win in Game 3 Thursday.
- Report: Grizzlies to trade Valanciunas to Pelicans for package, No. 10 pick
- Report: Pistons considering Cunningham, Green, Mobley for No. 1 pick
- Top 10 trade candidates this offseason
- Team USA is vulnerable in Tokyo. Can Australia mount a worthy challenge?
- Report: Raptors to name ex-Suns head coach Watson as assistant