LeBron out 2nd night of back-to-back vs. Nuggets to rest ankle
The reeling Los Angeles Lakers will be without their talisman Monday night against the Denver Nuggets.
James left Sunday's game versus the Toronto Raptors with 6:42 remaining in the fourth quarter due to a sore right ankle.
James' status for Thursday night's clash with the Los Angeles Clippers remains uncertain, according to The Athletic's Shams Charania.
"He was battling some soreness," Lakers head coach Frank Vogel said following the loss, according to ESPN's Dave McMenamin. "We decided not to bring him back. We'll see how he's feeling tomorrow."
The 36-year-old star sprained the same ankle earlier in the year and missed 20 consecutive games before returning Friday against the Sacramento Kings.
- U.S. loses to France, 25-game Olympic win streak ends
- Report: Rockets aggressively pursuing Pistons' No. 1 pick
- T-Wolves block Hernangomez from Olympics, upsetting Spanish federation
- Dream ignited: How Jonathan Kuminga made his case to be drafted top 5
- Mind the gap: The basketball world is catching up to the U.S.