NBA draft rescheduled for Nov. 18
One of the most anticipated dates on the NBA calendar has been set.
The 2020 NBA Draft will be held Nov. 18, the league announced Wednesday. However, the statement notes "the date remains subject to change as circumstances warrant."
The league initially intended to hold the draft Oct. 15, just after the latest possible date for Game 7 of The Finals.
It was reported earlier in September that the NBA was considering staging the annual event in November.
The league and NBPA previously agreed to delay the beginning of free agency and the draft in order to allow for salary-cap deliberations and evaluations of members of the incoming rookie class amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- U.S. loses to France, 25-game Olympic win streak ends
- Report: Rockets aggressively pursuing Pistons' No. 1 pick
- T-Wolves block Hernangomez from Olympics, upsetting Spanish federation
- Dream ignited: How Jonathan Kuminga made his case to be drafted top 5
- Mind the gap: The basketball world is catching up to the U.S.