Report: Bulls to hire 76ers' Eversley as GM
Eversley will join the Bulls after serving as vice president of player personnel for the Philadelphia 76ers over the last four years. Prior to his time with the Sixers, Eversley held the same role with the Washington Wizards and was previously the assistant general manager of the Toronto Raptors.
The Bulls are in the process of reshaping their front office, which began earlier in April with the hiring of Arturas Karnisovas as executive vice president of basketball operations. Karnisovas has also reportedly added former New Orleans Pelicans executive JJ Polk as assistant general manager.
Eversley is replacing Gar Forman, who was relieved of his duties as Bulls general manager two weeks ago. Forman had been Chicago's GM since 2009 and part of the organization for 22 years prior to his dismissal. Eversley, a Canadian, will become the first black GM in franchise history.
- Report: Grizzlies to trade Valanciunas to Pelicans for package, No. 10 pick
- Report: Pistons considering Cunningham, Green, Mobley for No. 1 pick
- Top 10 trade candidates this offseason
- Team USA is vulnerable in Tokyo. Can Australia mount a worthy challenge?
- Report: Raptors to name ex-Suns head coach Watson as assistant