Song shuts out Gutierrez in UFC main event
Bantamweight contender Song Yadong defeated Chris Gutierrez via unanimous decision (50-44, 50-45, 50-45) in the UFC Fight Night main event Saturday at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
It was Song's second straight main-event victory after finishing Ricky Simon in April. It was also Song's first time seeing the judges' scorecards in five fights dating back to 2021.
The first three rounds were competitive. Song had a slight edge over Gutierrez in terms of offense and damage on the feet. But Song pulled away down the stretch. He rocked Gutierrez early in the fourth round and dominated the rest of the fight with ground control.
Song, ranked No. 7 at 135 pounds, is now riding a two-fight winning streak. The Chinese fighter, who does his training camps at Team Alpha Male in Sacramento, expressed interest in a matchup against former champion Petr Yan.
Gutierrez, who competed in first UFC main event Saturday night, has lost two of his last three outings. Gutierrez trains out of Factory X in Colorado and is ranked No. 15 in the division.
- Rozenstruik bounces back with TKO win over Gaziev in UFC main event
- Mokaev calls for UFC 301 title fight vs. Pantoja after beating Perez
- Umar Nurmagomedov dominates return fight, calls out Cory Sandhagen
- Watch: UFC newcomer Vinicius Oliveira scores devastating flying-knee KO
- Ex-UFC contender Taila Santos signs with PFL