Report: Sandhagen-Song to headline Sept. 17 UFC Fight Night
Top bantamweight contenders Cory Sandhagen and Song Yadong are expected to headline a UFC Fight Night event on Sept. 17, sources told ESPN's Marc Raimondi.
The promotion has forwarded bout agreements to both fighters, Raimondi reports.
Sandhagen (14-4) will aim to end his current two-fight losing streak in the Octagon. The "Sandman" lost by unanimous decision to Petr Yan both in his most recent match at UFC 267 last October. His last victory came via a first-round knockout win over Frankie Edgar in February 2021.
Meanwhile, Song (19-5-1, 1 NC) will attempt to extend his win streak to four with a victory over Sandhagen. The native of China has reeled off consecutive finishes in his last two fights, including a first-round knockout over Marlon Moraes at a Fight Night event in March.
A location and venue for the fight have yet to be determined.
- Ray submits Pettis at PFL 5 to set up playoff rematch
- Eblen dethrones Mousasi to capture middleweight title at Bellator 282
- Report: Young replacing Budd for PFL 6 main event vs. Harrison
- Cerrone stepping in vs. Miller at UFC 276 with Green out
- Adesanya: Not too soon to reignite Pereira rivalry after UFC 276