Report: Blaydes, Rozenstruik agree to Sept. 25 bout
Curtis Blaydes and Jairzinho Rozenstruik have agreed to meet in a pivotal heavyweight bout at UFC 266 on Sept. 25, sources told MMA Fighting's Guilherme Cruz and Damon Martin.
Blaydes, the No. 4-ranked contender, is coming off a devastating knockout loss to Derrick Lewis in February. The defeat ended the 30-year-old's four-fight winning streak, which included a decision over Alexander Volkov and a stoppage versus former UFC champion Junior dos Santos.
Rozenstruik returned to the win column earlier in June, knocking out Augusto Sakai in the first round of a UFC Fight Night main event. The 33-year-old, who's ranked No. 6 in the division, has alternated wins and losses in his past four contests.
A light heavyweight title fight between Jan Blachowicz and Glover Teixeira is scheduled to headline UFC 266. The promotion hasn't announced a location for the event.
- Mayweather: McGregor rematch in works for 2023
- Former UFC champion Aldo retires from MMA
- Sandhagen finishes Song with doctor's stoppage in UFC main event
- Fight Music Show 2 results: Cris Cyborg shines in boxing debut, wins unanimous decision
- Derrick Lewis vs. Serghei Spivac to headline Nov. 19 Fight Night event