Report: Padres agree to minor-league deal with Teheran
Teheran can make up to $6 million if he makes the majors.
The 31-year-old right-hander spent the 2022 season in Mexico and the Atlantic League.
Teheran pitched for the Detroit Tigers in 2021. He posted a 1.80 ERA in five innings before a shoulder injury ended his season.
The two-time All-Star was once a dependable arm for the Atlanta Braves, amassing a 77-73 record with a 3.67 ERA and 1,184 strikeouts in 1,360 innings.
San Diego's rotation is expected to include Yu Darvish, Blake Snell, and Joe Musgrove heading into next season. There are openings after Mike Clevinger reportedly signed with the Chicago White Sox and Sean Manaea became a free agent.
- Mariners, Rangers, Astros in play for AL West title entering final weekend
- Giants fire manager Kapler after 4 seasons
- Rodón allows record-tying 8 runs without recording out in final start
- Do Cole and Snell have the Cy Youngs locked up? Here are some alternatives
- Prodigy realized: All that's left for Bryce Harper is to win a World Series