Hendriks not buying Donaldson's apology: That statement was 'complete bullshit'
"Usually you have inside jokes with people you get along with, not people who don't get along at all," Hendriks said Sunday, according to Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times. "So that statement right there was complete bullshit."
Hendriks was a teammate of Donaldson with the Toronto Blue Jays in 2015 and is on the record as not being a fan of the former American League MVP.
"My feelings towards the individual in question are pretty well documented," Hendriks added. "The fact we don't get along and the fact that I've now spoken to I think it's four separate clubhouses that he's been into and as a whole none of them have gotten along."
Hendriks said last July that although he respects Donaldson's on-field ability, he didn't enjoy him as a teammate.
"I am not a Donaldson fan. On the field, one of the greatest. You want him on the team behind you," Hendriks said. "But I saw behind the curtain too much, and I'm not a fan."
The White Sox and Yankees conclude their weekend series with a doubleheader on Sunday.
- Nevin gets 10-game ban, 11 others from Angels-M's brawl suspended
- Rockies' Kuhl tosses 3-hit shutout in win over Dodgers
- Twins' Gray used Wes Johnson's departure as motivation in strong outing
- Mariners' Servais: People like to see baseball fights, but this 'isn't hockey'
- MLB Power Rankings: Red Sox, Astros surge ahead while Giants tumble