Mariners demote Kelenic after poor start to 2022 season
Kelenic slashed .140/.219/.291 with three homers over 30 games to start the 2022 campaign. The 22-year-old owns a .594 OPS with 17 round-trippers and 53 RBIs over 123 contests in the majors since debuting last season.
Kelenic's demotion comes exactly one year after he made his MLB debut, and right before the Mariners start a series with the New York Mets, who traded him to Seattle in the Robinson Cano, Edwin Diaz blockbuster.
- Anderson: I told Donaldson to stop calling me 'Jackie' in 2019
- Yankees place Chapman on IL with Achilles tendinitis
- MLB Tuesday best bets: Cease, Gallen headline juicy day for under bettors
- Mariners activate Lewis from IL; making season debut Tuesday
- Eflin, Phillies avoid arbitration with 1-year, $5.7M deal