Rockies, D-Backs schedule March exhibition games in Las Vegas
DENVER (AP) — The Colorado Rockies have announced the dates of two exhibition games in Las Vegas against Arizona, an increasingly unlikely event given spring training is threatened by Major League Baseball's lockout.
The Rockies said Friday the games are scheduled for March 18 and 19 at the home of Oakland's Triple-A Las Vegas Aviators.
MLB locked out players Dec. 2 following the expiration of the sport's collective bargaining agreement. Negotiations on core economics broke off until Thursday, when MLB made a new offer that resulted in little evident progress.
Signings and trades have been halted, and spring training will not start as scheduled on Feb. 16 unless there is an agreement.
More AP MLB coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Ortiz joins 2022 HOF class as Bonds, Clemens fall off ballot
- HOF takeaways: Papi's a deserving choice, but Hall remains incomplete
- Clemens: 'I put HOF in rearview 10 years ago'
- Report: MLB, MLBPA make progress on minimum salary, pre-arbitration bonus pool
- Sports world reacts to 2022 Baseball Hall of Fame vote