Minor-league mascots letting it all hang out during MLB lockout
Baseball mascots have found an interesting way to kill time during Major League Baseball's lockout.
First, on Wednesday, the mascot for the West Coast League's Portland Pickles took over the team's Twitter account and posted a puzzling picture:
Then, on Friday, the Trenton Thunder - the former minor-league affiliate of the New York Yankees - tweeted out a video of their mascot, Boomer, re-enacting a well-known bit from "The Office" where the character Meredith wears a revealing dress during casual Friday:
The video, which also features the Thunder's front-office staff, was released to promote the team's "The Office Night." The event will feature Kate Flannery, the actress who played Meredith in the Emmy-winning comedy.
Until owners and players ratify a new collective bargaining agreement, minor-league mascots may continue to let it all hang out.
- Ortiz joins 2022 HOF class as Bonds, Clemens fall off ballot
- HOF takeaways: Papi's a deserving choice, but Hall remains incomplete
- Clemens: 'I put HOF in rearview 10 years ago'
- Report: MLB, MLBPA make progress on minimum salary, pre-arbitration bonus pool
- Sports world reacts to 2022 Baseball Hall of Fame vote