Report: MLB to fine Baez for walk-off celebration
Baez was fired up after getting a hit off Reds reliever Amir Garrett.
The two started a benches-clearing incident in May after Baez confronted Garrett about his showboating. The left-hander was suspended for that fracas, and he said Tuesday that Baez should thank him for not reacting to being mocked.
The Cubs and Reds meet again Wednesday and Thursday to conclude a four-game series.
- White Sox clinch 1st AL Central title since 2008
- Vlad Jr.'s breakout season, as seen from the dugout
- Blue Jays' Borucki gets 3-game ban for intentionally hitting Kiermaier
- Phillies rally from 6 down, beat Bucs to gain on Braves
- Blue Jays' Gurriel gets stitches in finger after being stepped on by Grichuk