Dodgers place Betts on IL with hip issue
His IL stint is backdated to Thursday, meaning the earliest Betts can return is Aug. 1, according to Matthew Moreno of DodgerBlue1958.
Right-hander Jimmy Nelson was activated in a corresponding move.
Betts left the game in Colorado on July 17 because of the hip issue. He made a pinch-hit appearance two days later but hasn't been on the field since. The Dodgers waited nearly a week before putting him on the IL.
Betts has been battling a hip pointer for much of the season, manager Dave Roberts said earlier this week, according to Eric Stephen of True Blue LA.
The 28-year-old has been enjoying another All-Star season for the Dodgers, hitting .270/.374/.502 with 14 home runs, 40 RBIs, and seven stolen bases across 82 games.
- McNeil's homer lifts Mets as Phillies slip in playoff race
- Braves' Rosario hits for MLB's 4th cycle this season
- Mookie trades fan his signed bat for Reds rookie's 1st career HR ball
- Indians jump on Cole as Yankees lose ground in wild-card race
- Tatis botches pop-up, Cardinals beat Padres to win 8th straight