Report: Multiple teams talking to Rockies about Story
Suitors are starting to line up for the chance to add Trevor Story for the stretch run.
Rockies interim general manager Bill Schmidt called that number "a little high," notes Saunders.
The identities of the teams are not known.
Colorado is widely expected to trade Story by the July 30 deadline. The pending free agent is reportedly intent on leaving the Rockies in the offseason.
But Schmidt doesn't appear to be in a rush to trade his franchise's premier player.
"Yes, we do have decisions to make, but we don't have to move players for financial reasons," Schmidt said last week. "At the end of the day, it will be about what we can get back. We are not a farm system for other people."
Story, 28, is hitting a career-low .242/.315/.428 with 11 home runs, 43 RBIs, and 17 stolen bases across 80 games in 2021. He missed time earlier this season due to an elbow strain but said Tuesday his elbow is "100% healthy now."
- Pujols almost retired amid June slump
- For their last dance, the Cardinals are playing their greatest hits
- Report: Red Sox already had multiple meetings with Bogaerts
- Padres' Musgrove: I 'don't feel great' wearing Astros' 2017 WS ring
- MLB Playoff Power Rankings: Dissecting each team's World Series chances