Major League Baseball announced Thursday multiple schedule changes and makeup games stemming from the Miami Marlins' and St. Louis Cardinals' recent COVID-19 outbreaks.
Twelve teams across MLB's east and central regions have had their schedules changed as a result of the outbreaks. Makeup games will be sprinkled throughout August and September, and all doubleheader games will be seven innings long.
Here's a look at the changes by region:
- This week's home-and-home series between the Cardinals and Detroit Tigers will be made up in a pair of doubleheaders: one in Detroit on Aug. 13 and another on Sept. 10 in St. Louis.
- Last weekend's Cardinals-Milwaukee Brewers series will be made up in doubleheaders at Miller Park on Sept 14 and 16, and at Busch Stadium on Sept. 25. Milwaukee will be the home team for Game 1 of the Sept. 25 twin bill in St. Louis.
- The "Field of Dreams Game" between the Cardinals and Chicago White Sox on Aug. 13 in Dyersville, Iowa, has been canceled. The contest will be played at Guaranteed Rate Field on Aug. 14.
- The Brewers-Chicago Cubs game on Aug. 13 will now start at 7:15 p.m. ET, replacing the "Field of Dreams Game" on national television.
- The Brewers-Tigers contest on Sept. 9 in Detroit will be a day game.
- The Marlins and Philadelphia Phillies' previously scheduled September series at Marlins Park will now be a seven-game set from Sept. 10-14. The teams will play makeup doubleheaders on Sept. 11 and 13, and a nine-inning makeup game on Sept. 14.
- The Boston Red Sox will visit Miami from Sept. 15-17 to accommodate the extended Phillies series.
- The Marlins and Washington Nationals will make up games in three doubleheaders: One in Washington on Aug. 22, and two in Miami on Sept. 18 and 20. Miami will be the home team for Game 2 of the Aug. 22 twin bill at Nationals Park.
- The New York Yankees and Baltimore Orioles will make up their Aug. 5 contest by playing a doubleheader on Sept. 4 at Camden Yards.
- The Red Sox and Phillies will play a doubleheader on Sept. 8 at Citizens Bank Park, with one of the two games replacing a contest scheduled for Sept. 9.
- The Phillies and Toronto Blue Jays will make up two tilts from their three-game July set with a doubleheader on Aug. 20 at Sahlen Field in Buffalo. The third game will be made up as part of a doubleheader in Philadelphia on Sept. 18, with Toronto serving as the home team for Game 1.
- The Blue Jays-Orioles and Phillies-Red Sox contests on Aug. 19 will be day games.