Ronaldo becomes 1st man to score at 5 different World Cups
Lionel Messi, Pele, Miroslav Klose, and Uwe Seeler scored at four different World Cups.
Brazilian star Marta and Canadian legend Christine Sinclair have each scored in five separate editions of the Women's World Cup.
Ronaldo's first World Cup goal arrived at the age of 21 when, wearing the No. 17 jersey, he buried a penalty against Iran to help Portugal log a 2-0 victory at the 2006 World Cup.
Ronaldo's eight World Cup goals
|2010||North Korea||Group stage|
With his second strike against Ghana, Ronaldo improved his record to 118 goals in men's international football. He won Euro 2016 with Portugal but is on the hunt for his first World Cup triumph.
The all-time top scorer in men's World Cups is Germany's Klose with 16 goals over 24 appearances.
- Georgiev's 41-save performance lifts Avalanche past Stars
- LeBron's season-high 39 points lead Lakers by Spurs
- Report: Bears' Fields unlikely to face Jets due to injury, Siemian to start
- Lindy Ruff gets 800th win as Devils beat Capitals
- Islanders strike twice in 22 seconds to hand Flyers 10th straight loss