Monza make veteran defender Ranocchia 1st signing as Serie A club
Milan, June 21, 2022 (AFP) - Monza signed former Italy defender Andrea Ranocchia on Tuesday, their first new player after being promoted to Serie A for the first time.
In a statement Monza said that Ranocchia had signed a contract until June 2024 after being released by Inter Milan following 11 years at the San Siro.
The 34-year-old played 223 times for Inter, where he was largely a bit-part player and from where he went on loan to Sampdoria and Hull City.
Monza, based just north of Milan, were promoted to the Italian top-flight after getting past Brescia and Pisa in the Serie A play-offs.
- Cardinals' Flaherty exits with stiff shoulder in 3rd start since return
- Kershaw: I hope Dodgers aren't 'second fiddle' for Freeman
- Report: Beal very likely to opt out, re-sign with Wizards on 5-year deal
- Verdugo recalls Dodgers deal: 'At least I got traded for f------g Mookie Betts'
- Rays' Franco returns from quadriceps injury