Report: City's Torres to join Barcelona for initial €55M
City will also reportedly receive €10 million in add-ons as part of the agreement.
It's understood Torres, who joined Manchester City in the summer of 2020, will sign a five-year contract with Barcelona.
The 21-year-old Torres could arrive in Barcelona on Thursday to complete a medical and formally sign his contract, Romano adds.
Torres, who's been sidelined for the last three months with a foot injury, has been ensured he'll play a significant role at the Camp Nou under new manager Xavi, according to Sam Lee of The Athletic.
City were open to the transfer based on Torres' willingness to depart and assurances that Barcelona would submit an appropriate offer, Lee notes.
Despite Barcelona's widely reported financial difficulties of late, Guillem Balague of BBC Sport says the Catalan side was able to afford Torres after receiving a significant bank loan.
But due to La Liga restrictions, Torres can only be added to the squad if Barcelona sell players during the January transfer window.
The Spanish international scored 16 goals in 43 appearances in all competitions following his arrival from Valencia for €23 million last year.
- NHL Monday best bets: Don't expect fireworks in Tampa
- Flames seeking answers for McDavid: 'We've let one guy beat us'
- Luka commends Wiggins on nasty dunk: 'I wish I had those bunnies'
- Kane's natural hat trick propels Oilers past Flames for series lead in Game 3
- Warriors push Mavs to brink of elimination with Game 3 win