Benzema injured ahead of Champions League game against Inter
Madrid, Dec 4, 2021 (AFP) - Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema was forced off with an injury in the first half of Saturday's La Liga match against Real Sociedad.
Benzema went off with discomfort in his left leg, with the Frenchman appearing to point to the area around his knee and hamstring. Luka Jovic replaced him.
The 33-year-old has scored 20 goals for Real Madrid this season and his absence would be a blow, especially ahead of Tuesday's Champions League game against Inter Milan.
Both teams have already qualified for the last 16 but the winner of the match at the Santiago Bernabeu will go through as group winners.
- Butler gets triple-double, Adebayo returns as Heat hold off Raptors
- McCollum scores 16 after missing Blazers' last 17 games
- 'It's very special': Sharks' Meier has goosebumps after 5-goal game
- Kraken snap 9-game losing streak with shootout win over Blackhawks
- Kyrie still won't get vaccinated despite Durant's injury: 'I've made my decision'