Ben White leaves England squad for personal reasons
Doha, Nov 30, 2022 (AFP) - England defender Ben White was ruled out of the remainder of the World Cup after leaving the squad for "personal reasons", the Football Association said on Wednesday.
The 25-year-old Arsenal player has returned to England after leaving the team's Al Wakrah training base, the FA said.
An FA statement said White was "not expected to return to the squad for the remainder of the tournament."
"We ask that the player's privacy is respected at this moment in time," the FA said.
White has excelled for Premier League leaders Arsenal this season but did not feature in any of England's three Group B games in the World Cup first phase.
England face Senegal in the last 16 of the World Cup on Sunday.
- D-Backs land 1st playoff berth since 2017, eliminate Reds
- Braves' Strider finishes regular season as MLB's only 20-game winner
- Rangers, Astros clinch playoff berths as Mariners eliminated
- Blue Jays secure playoff spot for 3rd time in 4 years
- Padres beat White Sox to hand Chicago 100th loss: 'An ugly number'